Taquitos de Barbacoa Veganos
Comparto esta receta con cariño, justo como me la compartieron a mí. Me encantan las recetas así, que fueron compartidas varias veces hasta llegar a mí. ¡Ahora es mi turno!
Vegan Barbecue Tacos
I share this recipe with love, just as it was shared with me. I love those kinds of recipes, the ones that were passed on several times until they reached me. Now it’s my turn.
You can’t even imagine how delicious these tacos are… They’re ideal to eat on a Sunday and prepare them with your family.
I recommend eating the red cabbage raw, as it contains a lot of flavor and will maintain all its nutrients intact. However, if you decide to cook it, it’s better to do it at low heat and for no more than 45 minutes.
I hope you enjoy the recipe, and I hope that it keeps being passed on from heart to heart.
- Grate a whole red cabbage. You can use a fine hand grater or a mandoline slicer. If you don’t have any of those, you can try to cut it with a knife, just be very careful and slice it as thin as you can.
- On a frying pan, pour two tablespoons of organic sesame seed oil (you can find it at any grocery store).
- Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and let it cook for a minute.
- Add the red cabbage along with ½ teaspoon of cumin powder, ½ teaspoon of dried thyme, and ½ teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Next, add ¼ cup of coconut or soy aminos. If you don’t have it, use tamari sauce.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every once in a while, and let it reduce and soak up the flavors.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of sesame seed oil, stir, and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and it’s ready to serve.
Serve it on tortillas to make tacos, and they go great with some cilantro, chopped white onion, lime and salsa.